You + Plants
We believe strongly in the value that growing can bring to your life so we strive to give you the information that you need to put You Plus Plants. Growing any plants can provide innumerable benefits to the grower, the environment and the world. I could go on for ever but the main point is that we think plants are important, and everyone should grow something. Some of the value that it can bring to lives of people of all ages…
- Responsibility- Simply, You are responsible for the care of the plants. They depend on you for survival.
- Self-Confidence- A successful interaction with nature, and the fruits of your labor is a great confidence booster and make you feel good after a job well done.
- Stress- This is another big one! Everyone has to deal with stress and gardening is a classic stress relieving hobby. The actions and results both add to its tranquility and can help you forget your cares.
- Love of Nature- Growing plants will make you appreciate your natural surrounds as you learn more and find more value in the life around us.
- Understanding Cause and Effect- Plants have a real great way of teaching the process of cause and effect. For instance if you don’t water your plant will die, however if you work hard and take care it will show.
- Physical Activity-Growing is a fun and productive way to be outside and find yourself in nature.
- Creativity- The options are endless with new ways and new plants to grow. Even if you don’t consider yourself a creative person it is hard to deny when you look back at the beautiful garden/food that you’ve created.
- Nutrition- Learning to grow plants will help you discover what goes into the food that you eat.
I could go on for ever but the main point is that we think plants are important, and everyone should grow something. You+plants is a resource for anybody with a horticulture or gardening interest. We aim to provide information, advice and passion to help find you + Plants.